“Upcycle It, St. Louis!”
Saturday, May 12, 2018
7:00- 12:00 pm
We all know the importance of recycling but for those with creative minds, “upcycling” is much more interesting! The concept of upcycling is the process of transforming waste material and unwanted products into something useful and beautiful. We invite the amazing artists of St. Louis to hang on to those special by-products and explore the depth of the creative process through sculpture, collage, assemblages, furniture and more.
– Submission Deadline: Friday, April 27th, 2018 at Midnight. Judging shall be done soon after submission.
Fees: There is no fee for submitting artwork for viewing. However, accepted artists will pay a single $10.00 registration fee due at art drop-off (per artist, not per piece)
– Questions regarding the submission process should be emailed to email@example.com prior to submission. Our Call for Submissions is open to artists from anywhere in the world and we will accept shipments ONLY with prior notice. All artists must be at least 18 years of age.
– Content is totally up to you, however, all submissions must have an “upcycle” theme.
– All submissions must be of original design and personal execution.
– Artwork submitted to previous Recycle exhibitions will not be accepted
– Prepare your submission images beforehand according to the instructions below. Failure to follow these basic guidelines may result in your work being omitted from the selection process.
-If you are submitting more than one piece of work, your submissions must be sent at the same time, using one email ONLY. Sending multiple emails can cause confusion.
-You may submit up to FIVE (5) different pieces. Upload only ONE (1) photo of each piece.
-File Types accepted: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .pdf
-Very Important: Your Images CANNOT be any larger than 1MB (1024 kb)
-Each Image MUST be named in this way:
First Name_Last Name_Title, (Example: John_Smith_Footlover.jpg).
-Your email submission will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It MUST include the following info: Your (REAL) name, address, phone number, and email. Then the number of pieces submitted, name of each piece, media, size in inches and price (optional) in the order they are uploaded. If you go by a nickname you can include that also.
-We will notify you, please do not email us inquiring as to the status of your submission(s).
-Artists with works selected to be included in the show will be notified via email. Upon acceptance, artists will receive the waiver information. ALL Artists must sign a waiver.
-PLEASE PLEASE be sure that all accepted art must be ready for proper display. This means flat art should be framed with a wire across the back. No saw tooth hangers or other forms of hanging will be accepted…period!
-We will not pin or tape-up work. If your work is three-dimensional and requires a base or pedestal, you will need to provide what is needed to display your work.
-Any work deemed difficult to install will not be accepted. For example we will not hang work from the ceiling unless it has been discussed in advance and approved.
Good Luck Artists!